Senior Scientist with a solid background in the development of analytical workflows and methods within the drug discovery process. Advanced expertise in molecular biology, genetics, and human disease research; filling knowledge gaps in an interdisciplinary environment. Skilled in data collection, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of results (international conferences and peer-reviewed journals).
Academic and industry R&D sector experience.
Permanent US Resident / Green Card holder
- Experience with bioinformatics and (bio) statistics
- Research, management and communication skills cultivated across on 27+ interdisciplinary projects in the fields of oncology, genomics, and evolutionary biology
- Strong supervisory experience in supervising and training bachelor, master, PhD junior scientists
- 1 patent and 37 scientific publications
- Google Scholar
- Molecular biology and gene identification (18 years experience): DNA-RNA extraction, oligo design, DNA amplification (PCR, Q-PCR, RT-PCR), Southern blotting, fingerprint (REP- PCR), microsatellite and SNPs markers for individual typing, and gene expression analysis. Construction, quality assesment, and sequencing of genomic libraries (target enrichment, and metagenomics). Sequencing technologies: Sanger, Illumina.
- Bioinformatics (15 years experience): experience in the use of R and Mosix-based cluster environments, HPC clusters, Linux, Mac OS. Experience in data management, Machine Learning applications, strong analytical and (bio) statistical skills and good understanding of High-Throughput data analysis (e.g. Bionumerics, Spotfire).
- Proteomics and protein chemistry (6 years experience): protein purification and selective protein tagging/bioconjugation, antibody preparation, purification and validation, quantitative proteomics (2D-DIGE), gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE, Western blotting).
- Microbiology (4 years experince): bacterial culture and isolation, antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AST) methods, MIC assessment.
- Virology (1 year experience): Herpetovirus production, plaque assays and transfections of mammalian cell lines (VERO).